Keep it Healthy & Simple with these Tips:
- Include Color with Fruits & Vegetables!
- Balance the meal with a healthy Lean Protein to keep mom and family full all day!--Think---healthy vegetable omelets, or grilled chicken, or fish!
- Infuse water with Berries, or Lemon/Lime, or Cucumber and Mint for a special touch. It will look pretty, give light flavor, and infuse nutrients!
- Add a Whole Grain like Quinoa, Oats, or Whole Grain Bread for added fiber, and energizing nutrients!--- Throw grains into the salad for a crunchy texture!
- Take mom for a hike or walk in the park---activity with the family is a way to have fun and burn calories!
- Do some planting together--- pick out flowers ahead of time that mom would love and have a planting party!
- Be helpful to mom around the house with chores---this is my favorite gift on mother’s day and it’s Free!
- Let mom Relax reading a book or maybe she would like to take a bath or go to the spa!
Check out these Healthy, Easy, and Delicious Recipes to make Mom:
Mother’s Day Mini Crustless Quiche
6 Eggs (3 full & 3 whites only)
Splash of milk
Salt & pepper
Favorite shredded cheese (mozzarella/cheddar)
Mix the eggs with a splash of milk and salt/pepper. Spray or grease a muffin tin. Layer the spinach leaves at the bottom, then sprinkle the cheese on top of the leaves, then add the egg half way up the tin. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until egg is cooked through and golden on top.
Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 -2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
Quinoa Muffins-- from Yummy Healthy Easy
2 cups cooked Quinoa
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Oat Flour
¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
½ cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
¼ cup Canola Oil
½ cup Buttermilk
1 Large Egg
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, mini-chocolate chips and quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, yogurt, and vanilla. Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Divide among the muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
What do you love to do on Mother's Day? Do you go out or stay in? Let's connect!